Here's a few key aspects that I know or can remember:
- It was on VHS and was never a Hollywood release, small budget, shot on a camcorder, most likely a small project with limited release
- I found this movie in the bargain bin at Blockbuster in 2000 when they were getting rid of all their VHS and it used to be in the children/ educational section. It had a proper cover and labeling so it was not a one-off single copy pet project
- The main child actor/ detective was a black kid who wore glasses and a brown trench coat, probably about 11-14 years old. His assigned partner was a quick-witted black girl, taller than he was but the same age, maybe a little older. They had the typical guy/ girl cop banter like you see in all buddy cop movies. He doesn't want her as a partner, yet she's assigned to the case with him... that sort of thing.
- I'm pretty sure the name of the movie was the above male characters name
- This movie was intended for kids but had a lot of hilarious dialog and interactions since the kids were pretending to be adults
- A few scenes include:
- A scene at a bar where the main character is drinking milk
- the bad guys/ gangsters in the movie own and run a speak easy with dancers and gambling
- there's a variety of shootouts in the movie where I THINK all the flashes from the gun shots are replaced with BANGS and POWS like in 60s Batman shows.