Time-travel cartoon series from the 90s probably European

Hi! I remember watching in 1994 or '95 a cartoon series about a family who travelled in time. They were five: father, mother, one son and two daughters. It always had the same intro: the children open the door of a storeroom in an attic and they open a big leather-bound book while holding their hands together making a circle. Immediately they fly to the sky in the same position fastened by a crown of stars. One girl was blond while the other one and the boy were brunettes. The father resembled Fred Flintstone but he was far smarter. I watched it on Cartoon Network. I think this was a project by the European Union (or at least sponsored by it) as the crown of stars resembled the EU’s flag and I think the EU’s flag appeared at the cover of the book. What I’m certain is that it was a production by a public TV broadcaster from a European country, it was not a production by TimeWarner. I think the series was a promotion tool by the EU with the aim to connect with children. Can anybody give an idea?

2 Likes

Not animated, but with 3 kids and a book:
The Magician’s House:

2 Likes

Animated, 3 kids but no parents, a bit later than you mentioned:
Time Warp Trio

2 Likes